SCHEDULE: 4 days/week x 10 hours/day (5 hrs am + 5 hrs pm) = 40 hours/week
Two (2) days on, one (1) day off, two (2) days on, two (2) days off.
PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATION to a position at Manoir Kanisha:
Read the job description below (at the bottom of this page).
If you believe you are qualified for the position, please fill out our EMPLOYMENT Questionnaire (below) and make sure to include these 3 documents:
1. A letter of introduction explaining your situation, your desire to work at Manoir Kanisha and why you should be considered a serious candidate.
2. A detailed C.V. that includes:
- Contact Information: full mailing address, phone number, cell, email address;
- Education, diplomas received and various training (month/year);
- Professional skills (example: on computer and others);
- Previous employment (start and end, month/year) and specific references;
- Degrees received indicating institution and date of graduation;
- Specific experiences and activities with pets;
- Other interests and sports practiced regularly;
3. We also ask that you submit Signed Reference Letters. Make sure to indicate the professional relationship that existed with each referee, their company name, website, email address and phone numbers. Thanks !
Before answering our questionnaire, please read
the Job Description at the bottom of this page.
Customer Service Representative
Full time. 4 days / week.
A) DESCRIPTION OF TASKS
- Serve our internal and external customers, on the phone and in person, in French and in English;
- Describe our services and our environment with competence, enthusiasm, respect and courtesy;
- Correctly complete our forms: pension, diet, vaccination, games, medication, grooming, credit cards, international relocation of animals, etc.),
- Prepare and organize current and future activities;
- Correctly write animal welfare instructions and properly guide animal handlers;
- Follow our procedures for the arrival and departure of each animal;
- Offer our discounts and packages. Perform the appropriate manual invoicing;
- Prepare the schedule of daily activities for the next day, enter entries and departures in our specialized software;
- Ensure the relationship between the client and our other divisions (boarding animal care, grooming, local transportation, int’l relocation, etc.);
- Organize and keep our reception room clean at all times;
- Comply with all Manoir Kanisha policies.
B) WORK SCHEDULE
Schedule of 40 hours per week (4 days) of 10 hours/day (5 am + 5 pm): 7:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 6:15 p.m. (lunch: 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.). A 4-day week represents alternately, two (2) work days, one (1) day off, two (2) work days and two (2) days off (always including Saturday OR Sunday). If, during peak periods, a 5th day is required, the employee is paid at time and a half. Our employees have a set schedule that rarely changes from week to week, or month to month. The training period for the first few months may have a different schedule than the long-term schedule.
C) CANDIDATES MUST POSSESS THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS
- MATURE PERSON, AUTONOMOUS, FLEXIBLE (tasks, schedules) and able to perform various tasks simultaneously (multitasking);
- BE PERFECTLY BILINGUAL oral and written (French-English-French without hesitation);
- LOVE and desire to learn about canine and feline breeds and OTHER pets;
- Not have allergies to animals or field plants;
- Have EXPERIENCE in WORKING WITH THE PUBLIC for at least 5 years full-time and paid;
- BE IN GOOD PHYSICAL HEALTH and in good PHYSICAL FITNESS (10-hour days);
- Have GOOD MENTAL HEALTH. Clients are sometimes emotional when separated from their animal, so a lot of PATIENCE, COMPASSION and EMOTIONAL STABILITY are required;
- Present proof of valid TETANUS VACCINE (see explanation below);
- HAVING COMPLETED high school and providing a diploma (D.E.S.) is the minimum required;
- Possess a D.E.C. or a university degree is an advantage to facilitate the learning of the tasks;
- ENJOY WORKING IN A SMALL TEAM (2 to 3 people), have natural aptitudes for mutual aid and interpersonal cooperation;
- Be PUNCTUAL (start of work at 07:15 am, it is preferable to arrive before, around 7:00 am) and RELIABLE (avoid absences);
- OWNING A CAR is necessary to travel to our place of work, which is located on the grounds of the Montreal Airport, in Dorval. We are located on the north side of Côte de Liesse, far from public transport. A 20 to 25 minute walk is required between the bus stop and our pension center. This walk is exhausting especially in winter. The employee without a car would arrive at work exhausted;
- Demonstrate a POSITIVE ATTITUDE and be recognized as an ENTHUSIASTIC person with the public, co-workers and management;
- Possess excellent organizational skills and abilities for office work;
- Have experience with computers: EMAIL, Microsoftf office (WORD, EXCEL), Social Media, (we enter client and animal information into specific KENNEL SUITE software);
- Own pets (dogs, cats, etc.) now or previously.
Income includes two components:
a) Hourly Wage: Depending on the prior experience and capabilities of the employee, the training period will take approximately 8-12 weeks. Starting salary will depend on previous experience (between $15/hour and $17/hour). Following the training period, the hourly income during the first year (salary plus commissions), should be between $18 and $24 and +/hour. This level will depend on the candidate’s ability to generate sales of our services.
b) Commissions: Commissions are paid on the sale of certain services and products to our customers. The candidate will receive a TRAINING during which he will have to demonstrate a great desire to work with the public in love with their animals, the ability to learn our services and activities, an excellent work ethic, great punctuality, great reliability (avoid absences or delays), ability to master the procedures in force in our company and ease of integrating into our team of employees.
Following the training period of approximately 8 to 12 weeks, the hourly wage will be reconsidered according to the candidate’s performance in performing his tasks correctly and his efficiency in increasing the sale of our products and services.
We would like to receive written references from previous employers: company name and address, name of referee, telephone number and email address. Indicate the professional relationship that existed with each referent.
*What is tetanus?
Tetanus is a bacterial disease that can be caught not only by stepping on a rusty nail, as is popularly believed, but also by contact with soil, dust, mud and excrement (faeces) of animals and of humans, or by an animal bite. If the bacteria causing the disease comes into contact with an open wound, it can be fatal. Tetanus attacks the muscles to reach the nerves and affect the entire nervous system, which can be extremely painful. The first muscles usually affected are those of the jaws, which become stiff and “lock”. It is for this reason that tetanus is also called “lockjaw” in English. Prevention and control of tetanus: Tetanus can be prevented by vaccination. Teenagers and adults should be given a booster dose every 10 years.